The history and heritage of Holly Springs Baptist Church started with a meeting on August 9, 1914, resulting in the formal formation of our church with the 42 members electing Rev. R.P. McCracken as their Pastor. For some time this group met in the old school house until a church was built and completed on April 11, 1917, on land that as donated by Mr. and Mrs. John W. Williams. Although there are limited records on the church's construction, it is assumed the members did most of the work. The property was valued at $3,500.00.
The bell, which still had a beautiful ring as it called people together, was purchased in Atlanta, GA by Bob Shook for $75.00. It was shipped to Franklin by train and then to Holly Springs by wagon. This same bell bow stands mounted on our church grounds in memory of Jim Williamson, who was faithful in ringing the bell for many years.