Our PURPOSE: The worship ministry exists to GLORIFY the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit through music, to ENCOURAGE spiritual growth in those who believe, to CONNECT the lost to the Gospel, and to SERVE through the exemplary leading of worship. We strive to make known and exalt the name of Jesus through authentic worship and be a place where all can join in unity to worship freely.
Opportunities to serve:
- Choir; rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings at 7:45
- Band; rehearsals are 2 times a month and alternate from Tuesday evenings at 7:00 to Sundays immediately following the morning service
- Audio/Visual; we always need volunteers to run the words on the screen or run the sound. Volunteers usually serve 1 Sunday morning a month.
Our VALUES: We believe our team should be GOD-CENTERED, PASSIONATE, HONEST, FAITHFUL, COMMITTED, PREPARED, and WILLING to serve and stand on 4 core values:
- We love and worship Jesus above everything else.
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” (Luke 10:27 ESV)
- We esteem the Word of God. We will be a people that meditate upon, consume, and obey it.
It is not enough to preach or sing the Word publicly; we are called to be a people who live out the Word and to do that we must FIRST follow it.
“Be doers of the word, and not hearers only…” (James 1:22 ESV)
- We value excellence in everything else we do. We strive to be prepared, skilled, and faithful in heart, mind, and spirit.
In Exodus, with the building of the tabernacle, skilled men and women were to adorn and beautify the place where God would inhabit. We, too, should strive to show excellence in our skills to create a place for God to meet with us.
“Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” (I Corinthians 15:58 ESV)
- We choose servanthood over stardom.
Leadership is for service, not status. The Bible commands us to humble ourselves before God and others, and a worshipping team realizes that the only one who deserves a platform or spotlight is Jesus Christ.
“And He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn of the dead, that in everything He might preeminent.” (Colossians 1:18 ESV)
366 Holly Springs Church Road
Franklin, NC 28734
Mon-Thurs 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM